I left the house all by myself today.
I can hear what you're thinking and... YES! That statement does deserve balloons and confetti. But I don't know the emoticon for that.
Anyhoo. I was at Staples and turned around to see my former boss's boss. A warm, smart, funny woman with an effortlessly tasteful, classic style. I both worshiped and was utterly intimidated by her at my last job.
My immediate thought after recognizing her was "Damn, she even manages to make jeans on a Sunday afternoon look classy."
Even though it's been 9 years she recognized me, came right over to give me a big hug, and then we spent a few moments catching up.
As I was driving home, I - the sloppy, exhausted, work from home, yoga pants addicted, special needs mom - realized the unbelievable luck that the one time I bump into this woman I admire so much, that:
- I had just showered
- My hair and makeup were done
- I was wearing my favorite casual yet grown up yet fun outfit
- With cute boots
- I was shopping to upgrade my office equipment
- Because the business I quit her department to start is so successful
- And I weigh 50 pounds less than the last time she saw me
So for today? I am winning.
Also? I don't think the Universe can send a more clear signal I should go buy a lottery ticket.